Zywie!
January 19, 2020, 04:11:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Smileycons!Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bad  (Read 4477 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: February 16, 2007, 02:53:35 AM »

I have a really bad habit of making way too much food of different varieties.  In my house ... Hor Devors ... can be classified as a meal in it's self.  I tend to offer two different types of meat .... three different types of veggies and the real killer to my guest ... four different desserts.  People enjoy the food but by the end of the evening ... they don't feel so well. 

possum
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »

Now I'm in love  Kiss No such thing as too much
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:49 PM »

Know what you mean Indi.........I have a tendency to overdo it myself.......I would be absolutely horrified if someone left my house hungry, so I stuff 'em til they pop Smiley.........hard habit to break.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:21:15 AM »

Possum, I use to think that but as people get older, it's kind of mean to be filling them up that much.  Take a 70+ man or woman ... trying to be polite and have a bit of everything ... they look like they are in pain when they leave. 

Lady Cooks, what was the largest size of meal you ever prepared?  Hope it was really big so I don't feel so bad. 

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »

Possum, I use to think that but as people get older, it's kind of mean to be filling them up that much.  Take a 70+ man or woman ... trying to be polite and have a bit of everything ... they look like they are in pain when they leave. 

Lady Cooks, what was the largest size of meal you ever prepared?  Hope it was really big so I don't feel so bad. 

Well, I don't do it any more, but I used to fix holiday meals that were ridiculous........at least two kinds of about everything........for instance......Turkey day required of course turkey and dressing (plain dressing and either oyster dressing or dressing with raisins....depending on who was coming), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, green bean casserole, corn, a fruit salad of some sort, cole slaw, glorified rice,2 kinds of cranberries-jellied and cranberry relilsh- (sometimes 3, if my uncle was going to be there, as he liked whole berry sauce), homemade pickles, black and green olives, dinner rolls, cranberry bread, pumpkin bread, banana bread and sometimes date bread if I'd had time to get it made and then top it all off with both pumpkin and pecan pie............although it seems like I've forgotten something in there......been a long time since I've cooked like that.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
possum
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »

Sound wonderfull, What A FEAST!  (hint hint)  Grin

I wish I could cook like that. If I have one burner going with something in the oven, and maybe the microwave,  that is a feast LOL
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

Looking back it was kind of silly to do that........everyone was miserable at the end from eating too much....and God only knows how much fat we all consumed in just one meal.....because of course we had real butter, homemade bread with lots of eggs and butter and of course the pie crusts were made from lard (which I'd rendered,  of course......have I ever told you I'm just an old farm girl), etc, , etc......  Oh well........I do enjoy cooking, though and love to try new things.  Mostly we eat fairly simple fare........that's what farm folks do......... Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: