Zywie!
December 16, 2018, 08:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disgusting Food  (Read 6545 times)
possum
Administrator

« on: March 16, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »

Let's say I was over at the loved ones family for dinner. I take a bite and the food is horrible. How do I dispose of the nasty and save face?

Should I just spit it onto the plate? Take a drink and spit it into the glass? Excuse myself and run like hell to the car?

I would probably spit it out and make a comment, but that usually gets me in trouble.
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 06:41:47 AM »

Well, I guess it makes a difference how good your relationship is with this person...........you could say "What are you trying to do, kill me?".............and then offer to take them out to eat some decent food.

Me, I'm cheap.....I'd probably try a good heavy layer of salt, then maybe some extra sauce or something and if that doesn't work.....well, you enjoy playing with your food, mess it up so it looks like you've eaten something and then just develop a mysterious illness and leave early.........and head for the nearest fast food joint to fill the gap.  You might be stuck with having to swallow that first bite (unless there's a dog under the table who will swallow anything whole or you have a very large napkin).   I try to always have at least a kleenex in my pocket.........you can excuse yourself to 'blow your nose' and the food can disappear into the kleenex  and into the pocket...........VOILA!!!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
possum
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »

That actually sounds like a good option. I tried the alergic thing once and got in real trouble.
"What are you alergic to?" bad food was my reply. Well, I never was invited back, and you know, I really don't care. How can some people not know they cannot cook, or their taste buds are shot?

And besides ketsup is not a sauce lol.
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 03:30:57 AM »

My mother could not cook.  She did not know the difference because she was use to eating her own food.  I was fortunate enough to eat cafeteria and found out that my mom's stuff was really crap.  As soon as I was old enough, I made it my goal to learn how to cook.  I worked in a catering service when I was 12, various fast food places while in school and a quality establishment before college. I had some of the very best training available and I have done very well for myself with these skills.  Need cash quick ... cater a few parties.   Wink

possum
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »

My mother could not cook.  She did not know the difference because she was use to eating her own food.  I was fortunate enough to eat cafeteria and found out that my mom's stuff was really crap.  As soon as I was old enough, I made it my goal to learn how to cook.  I worked in a catering service when I was 12, various fast food places while in school and a quality establishment before college. I had some of the very best training available and I have done very well for myself with these skills.  Need cash quick ... cater a few parties.   Wink

So how would you  handle the bad food situation then?
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:23:53 PM »

Are you still waiting for an answer, possum??...........LOL..........I think spicegurl done went and forgot about you............I think you better just take my advice.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »

So how would you  handle the bad food situation then?

As soon as I turned 13, I was barely home during meals (working) and on the weekend, if I had it off ... I would cook for the household.   Grin  That also took care of the leftover problems ... there was never any left if I cooked. 

(yes I was slow returning  ... sorry about that but it couldn't be helped)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: