Zywie!
August 25, 2019, 07:14:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hurry SPRING!!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Children and dining out  (Read 2791 times)
possum
Administrator

« on: March 17, 2007, 09:27:04 AM »

How big of leash is appropriate when out in public?

I know some of us really get annoyed when children race around, screaming in a dining area, especially when you are going to plunk down $50 for that nice intimate dinner. Kindof ruins the mood for me, "is this what I am going to put up with if I continue to romance this woman?" is one of my thoughts.

Well I know for a fact all kids aren't that way in public. I have gone out of my way to compliment parents on a fine job when the children are behaved, or at least listen to mom or dad when scolded.

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:12:42 PM »

If you want my opinion, I say a VERY SHORT leash..........or leave them at home.   If you can't teach your kids to behave in public then they should not be taken out.  I know a LOT of kids that need a visit from "The Nanny".........and I'm sorry, but that wouldn't be happening if parents weren't so darn lazy.......it's hard work to raise kids, but that's the way it is.......you gotta take the time and effort to teach them and the extra work it takes to show them the boundaries...... and stick to it.  Children are happier when they have boundaries and know who is in charge.  It is scary for them when they are in charge, which is so often the case nowadays........and when they are scared they don't feel secure and consequently they act up.........it's a vicious circle caused by lazy parents who are afraid to take charge.

I'm sorry...........I'll get off my soapbox now..........*walks away sheepishly*

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:25:10 AM »

ROFL ... Now Ladycook, I would have figured you for a more understanding woman. 

When I go out and I don't want to be around children, I pick an establishment that cost a little extra.  Not many people will take kids to a high price tag restaurant with means, you pay extra but eat in peace. 

affordabe = family restaurant

extra value = extra noise

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: