Zywie!
June 01, 2020, 05:40:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Smileycons!Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Salmon Salad  (Read 4000 times)
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« on: August 02, 2007, 05:58:53 AM »

Here it is spicegirl.............
This is a Paula Deen recipe.........saw her make it on the Food Network and printed it off the website.  Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it sounds delicious to me:

2 cups cooked, flaked salmon
2 hard-cooked eggs, crushed
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup chopped onions
4-5 TBSP mayonnaise, or enough to moisten
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
Salt and pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced

In a large bowl, gently toss together the salmon and crushed hard-cooked eggs. In anothe bowl, combine the veggies and mayonnaise.  Add seasonings and stir to combine.  Pour mixture over salmon, add lemon juice, and toss lightly to combine.  Serve over lettuce or as a sandwich.

Note: With the price of fresh salmon where we live, we never have leftovers, which is what she said to use, but I am going to try it with canned pink salmon......I figure one large can should about do it.  (Whenever I use canned salmon, I pick through it and remove the skin and large bones before I use it.)

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: