Zywie!
November 15, 2019, 03:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hurry SPRING!!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zango  (Read 5430 times)
possum
Administrator

« on: November 17, 2007, 10:37:38 PM »

Anybody heard of it?
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:21:35 AM »

Shocked Nope..........I don't get out much, remember......... Wink

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

Somehow I doubt if this is what you're talking about:

Zango, formerly 180solutions and Hotbar, manufactures known adware and spyware typically required to access partner's games, DRM-protected videos and software. Zango software is listed as "Adware" by Symantec. McAfee states, "this program may have legitimate uses", but describes it as a "potentially unwanted program", and an "adware downloader".

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
possum
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »

I was referring to a health drink thing. I'm thinking a multilevel marketing gimmick.

How you doing LCA? Hope your feeling better 
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

I'm doing okay, possum.....thanks...injuries from the accident healing nicely.  I'm tired of dr. appt's and insurance people calling me, though.........I just want it all over with so I can have my life back.

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »

Anybody heard of it?

Actually, possum.........just yesterday is the first time I'd heard about this stuff.  Sounds like a high potency antioxident.........extracted from the skin of a fruit that grows in Malaysia, I believe.  A friend and I had lunch yesterday and while we were eating another friend of hers stopped and talked to us and they got to talking about it.  He (my friend's friend) said he'd taken it for a while but it was too expensive to continue.   That's about all I know about it........I can't even recall the name of the fruit they said it came from.  The fellow did say that the natives where it grows use the skin for pig feed........(they must have healthy pigs, huh?)...lol

spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »

Anybody heard of it?

Sorry I didn't see this before.  Yes, zango is spyware.  It's hard to get rid of ... I think I got rid of it with spybot. 

ZANGO Games

Another adware vendor, 180solutions, through its Zango division, creates games like "David vs. Goliath" and "Secret Chamber" that come with adware. Although the Zango sight mentions the targeted ads you will be receiving, most users will never visit the Zango site as the games are available from many free download sites like download.com and tucows where you may or may not see any warning at all.  source => pcpitstop

If you should get infected .. go to a reliable site such as pcpitstop and major geeks to get help you can trust. 

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:25:57 AM »

I don't know which Zango possum was asking about........maybe he'll stop in sometime and tell us.....ya think??? Undecided

spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »

Well I did try to get him in to help me do the back up but .. we had an emergency at a few sites.  I'll try to push him into this forum as soon as he can manage to find time. 

Maybe we should just scream his name and see if he pops in.

Possum!!! .............   Possum!!! ................ Possum!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: