Zywie!
October 23, 2019, 10:57:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hurry SPRING!!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could anyone please identify something  (Read 4556 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: February 26, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »

I want to post a recipe but I can't remember the name of something.  I usually buy these things when I go to the city and stop at the Bulk Barn.  Anyway these things are like a cracker stick, they are not straight like a stick but short and squiggly and full of sesame seeds.  Anyone know the name of them? 

possum
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:14:32 PM »

Pretzels?  Have not heard of these. What are they called?
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:25:22 PM »

Well that is were I have a problem.  I know they are called sesame seed  ____?____  and I just can't seem to recall the last part.  Not intending to head to the city anytime soon so .... guess I will have to wait till I do.   Cry

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »

I used to belong to a health food co-op, and often would order something they called Sesame Sticks........they were maybe 2 inches long, kind of like a cracker with sesame seeds on the outside and assumed they were flavored with sesame oil as well.  But, that was many, many years ago (when my kids were young) and a lot have things have changed since then.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 03:02:05 PM »

I have seen the sticks and nope ... they aren't them.  These things you can get in those plastic tubs with the trail mix (party mix) in them. 

possum
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »

You know, I just had a great idea, A food trivia section, who's up for it?

Indi, this is a trivia question right?

So these twirls, are they made by only one company?
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 06:00:50 PM »

Roll Eyes Nope, there is more than one maker. 

cone10

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »

If they are about 1/2 to 3/4 inches wide and an inch or so long (usually), then they may be called sesame sticks...that's ususally what they are labelled, anyway.  Is there a fancier name?
cone10

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 06:44:49 PM »

oh, yeah, and sometimes they were GARLIC sesame sticks (or stix)  DE-licious, when fresh!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: