Zywie!
November 13, 2019, 03:36:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hurry SPRING!!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Coast to Coast listeners out there???  (Read 2726 times)
cone10

« on: February 10, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »

I sure enjoyed hearing Art Bell and his guests and callers. 
Now I live in a small town where the sound is overpowered by the local cow station.
Does anyone know a way to listen online without adding extra plugins??
Seems that most radio station websites have been set up by the same company/webmaster.
Just wondering if there's any way around that.

Also, are there any ham operators/enthusiasts out there? 
Gardeners, potters?  Musicians?
possum
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

Sorry, I mean hello  Smiley

Most radio and broadcast venues are all owned by the same company. I forget the name. Depending on the operating system you use on yor computer, you may be able to find a third party software for free by using one of the major search engines.

I would like to start a category for online media and music stuff eventually. Ipod and podcasting are gaining ground, and with podcasting you can already produce and put your program online. It's waaay cool.

If you scroll to the bottom of the forum, in the lounge I have started a Jam session. This would be a great place to gather all info and help for media and related links tricks advice etc. Hopefully I will bring more musicians on board, and then maybe start john-ra(don't know spelling)(genre?) related categories if interest should arise. I would like to see some bluegrass stuff in the near future.

Also you are encouraged to start as many topics as you like. In the Subbject line write "Any ham radio people?" or Any Potters or Hairy Potters?"

Then if someone has an interest in that particular subject matter They can easily find the topic and join in Wink

So WELCOME cone10

robstr12

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:49:01 AM »

Yeah, I listen to the coast-to-coast show. 

I once heard Kevin Mitnick (as a guest host) interview Steve Wozniak on there.  Now THAT'S some radio!!!

w000000000!!!

Anyway, I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 now, and happened upon this post, so I gave it a try (to listen to radio online).  I went to shoutcast.com and hit one of their links.  BAM, the application Rhythmbox opened right up, and, there it is, rock-n-roll.

I don't know what one needs on other operating systems, though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: