Zywie!
June 28, 2017, 01:49:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!
Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives  (Read 1227 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: December 23, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

I have two sets of knives with butcher blocks.  I like both of them but to be honest ... I mainly use one.  One has serrated edges and I don't know how to sharpen them so I rarely use them.  The set I use all the time .. I can sharpen them and they are starting to show their ware.  What kind of knives do you use and why?  Is there a way to sharpen serrated edge knives?

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »

Sorry to be so long answering, honey.....*sigh*........anyway, as far as I know there is not way to sharpen serrated knives.  I personally don't care for serrated knives.........I, too have some that were given to me as a gift many years ago, but rarely used them.  I've recently received a very nice set that CAN be sharpened and have sent those serrated ones to the basement shelves.  Honestly, I never really knew if I was getting the serrated ones clean enough.....as some of them have those tiny little serrations that don't wash easily, so I'm glad to see them gone.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: