Zywie!
April 24, 2019, 12:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Smileycons!Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Blend?  (Read 2408 times)
possum
Administrator

« on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »

Are you in a hurry and don't have time to cook? Do you still want a nutritious meal? Blending may be good for you. Recently to get my veggies which pack a variety of nutrients, I started to blend. In this section, we can discuss blending benefits, different combination and pretty much any foods you may wish to make in a blender including the "ICEY". my favorite in the hot summer sun. 
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »

This is something I've never gotten into...........guess I'm just too old fashioned, plus I do have the time and do enjoy cooking.  It does sound like a good way to get your veggies when you don't have time to cook, though.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
possum
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »

Hi LadyC, Blending is really cool. Not only the convenience, but I actually eat a bigger variety of stuff now. I found some Asian Roots that are really tasty, in my search for blending ingredients.

OH, and a nice ICEE (smoothie) on these 100 degree days, to die for. Not going to catch me eating piping hot bowl of vegetable soup LOL.

How are you doing?
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »

I'm okay, possum........it's been up and down (we've lost 9 people since last September, so some definite stress along the way)
Hope things are going well for you.

As for the Icee's..........not really my cup of tea actually.  Mostly because my teeth are sensitive to cold and I have to be careful with ice cream and such.  I don't have any trouble getting enough veggies down........we eat a LOT of veggies.......many raw.......I almost always have a fresh veggie plate in the fridge ready to eat.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: