Zywie!
October 17, 2017, 03:23:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!
Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summertime...........and the livin' is easy.......mmm  (Read 1008 times)
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« on: June 25, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »

Well, now I've got that song in my brain for a while...........dang!!

Yup, summer's here and of course I'm feuding with the 'wild' animals in the neighborhood.............last year it was the squirrels, this year it's the rabbits!!  The darn things have decimated my lovely oriental lilies!!.........I  planted some new ones last year and may as well have saved my time and money!!...........not many left!!  Then, too there's that skunk that visits most nights..........first he checks out the neighbor's house to see if they've left cat food out, then he comes here and looks for grubs.  The grubs he's welcome to, I'm just not nuts about the little holes he digs getting to them.........and then of course if he runs into one of the stray cats hanging around, we have the smell to deal with. *sigh*

Sure has been hot lately!!!.........have run that AC more often than not.  I miss having windows open.

Strawberry season is here and we have no berry picking farm to go to........miss that, too!!  The one we had close by decided they could make more $$ raising corn and soybeans, I guess.

Hope everyone's enjoying the summer, though!!  Take care!! 

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: