Zywie!
April 27, 2017, 03:50:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am soo hungry  (Read 992 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: August 16, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »

Roll Eyes  Road food has been making me fat.  There is so little healthy food out there and now I put myself on a diet.  Suggestions would be nice.  Trucks don't offer kitchens so road food seems to be my current diet.  Salad will only last a day or two in the truck fridge.  Don't have any means to cook.  Any suggestions?

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:30:13 PM »

Hmmm.....let me give this some thought, spicey.   That is a tough one!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
possum
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »

Roll Eyes  Road food has been making me fat.  There is so little healthy food out there and now I put myself on a diet.  Suggestions would be nice.  Trucks don't offer kitchens so road food seems to be my current diet.  Salad will only last a day or two in the truck fridge.  Don't have any means to cook.  Any suggestions?

Leave the road pressed food alone.

What you could do, is juice up some veggies and carry that in a thermos or such. It will keep awhile, or you could freeze it and then as it thaws drink it. You get the nutrition with less calories.  I made cookies out of the pulp a couple days ago, pretty tasty.

spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:53 AM »

Leave the road pressed food alone.

What you could do, is juice up some veggies and carry that in a thermos or such. It will keep awhile, or you could freeze it and then as it thaws drink it. You get the nutrition with less calories.  I made cookies out of the pulp a couple days ago, pretty tasty.

Been waiting for your pulp cookie recipe ... any reason you might not want to share it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: