Zywie!
June 21, 2018, 09:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oyster Bisque  (Read 742 times)
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« on: January 15, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »

Hi all!!  Been a while so thought it was time for a new recipe.
I found this recipe in a book I have had for ages........Best Recipes........from the backs of Boxes, Bottle, Cans and Jars

In my family it's tradition to have oyster stew during the holiday season.  Well, it's a little late, but I had the oysters in the freezer, it was really cold the other day and I'd found this recipe so decided better late than never.  In my opinion this recipe is a winner and will definitely be used again!!

OYSTER BISQUE
1 dozen (1 pint) shucked large sized oysters
1 cup oyster liquor
3 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 slice onion
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
1 sprig parsley  (I used a tablespoon of dried parsley)
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. Tabasco pepper sauce
Chopped chives

Drain oysters and reserve the liquor.  Dice oysters into a saucepan and add the liquor.  Slowly bring the oysters to boiling point.  Remove from heat.  Set aside.  In the same pan scald the milk and cream with the onion, celery and bay leaf.  Strain.  Blend the flour into the butter, adding the salt and Tabasco.  Slowly stir the flour mixture into the scalded milk/cream mixture and stir over low heat until thickened.  Add the oysters and cooking liquid and heat to serving temperature.  Garnish with the chives and serve.

ENJOY!! Grin

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: