Zywie!
September 17, 2019, 06:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hurry SPRING!!!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Game  (Read 3238 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: March 16, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »

I like wild game.  I have never ate skunk but I also hear it is good.  Before I start posting recipes for wild game, I would like to know if there is anyone out there that would benefit from it. 

Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 05:45:11 PM »

I've only ever had venison and wild duck..........didn't care for the wild duck........I used to raise my own ducks, which taste better than the wild ones.  I don't have a resource for venison any more........first husband hunted, second one doesn't.

Oh, come to think of it, I guess I have eaten squirrel and my husband brought me a taste of turtle a while back.......he went to a game feed/fish fry with some friends of his.

Maybe someone else could use the recipes, though, you never know.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 03:38:58 PM »

My grandfather ate turtle lots.  He lived to be in his 100's and I don't remember him being sick much.  BTW, I just found a nice looking recipe for turtle.  I might give it a try this summer.  I'll post it if it's any good. 

possum
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »

I do believe the recipes for non grocery store meats will have to go in a special members only type section. Many reasons, Sensitivity to non hunting types being the primary.  Also with hunting seasons on many of the animals, others not educated in that matter may go about it in a way that could get them jailed.

Another reason is the health risks of uninspected meat, diseased animals etc.  I know for the most part free range animals are in fairly decent health as they have not been raised in cramped production style cages. Lately though, with commercial fertilizer and pesticides, animals could have unhealthy levels of unknown chemicals in them.

This subject is deffinately open for discussion.

The turtle recipe---please don't.  Many turtles are protected, and too many would misunderstand.

Possum

spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 10:54:08 PM »

Sorry possum, never even crossed my mind.  I guess living where I have for so long .... wild game is a part of the culture.   Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: