Zywie!
September 17, 2019, 06:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Smileycons!Smileycons!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freezer section  (Read 3290 times)
spicegurl
Administrator

« on: October 21, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »

Hey Possum,

The one thing I do every fall is blanche, make stuff and freeze it.  I love making soups and sauces ... large amounts and then freezing it for quick meals during the winter.  Anyway .. I was wondering if maybe you might decide to throw a section in here for that kind of stuff.   Wink

One more thing .... Hey everyone ... Support moosegal.com ... vote for the moose. 

Anyone have any recipes for escargo?   Grin

possum
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »

Consider it done. It will cost you one jar of home made dill pickles Grin
Lady Cooksalot
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:43:52 PM »

Oh my goodness, I used to put up literally hundreds of quarts of vegetable and fruits..........some frozen some canned..........never bought a canned good all winter long.   At the time my goal was to put up at least 52 quarts of everything (figuring once a week for each veggie, etc.)........although extras of tomatoes and tomato juice.   One thing that helped was the fact that family members raised sweet corn and peas for the canneries and I could get those two things from their fields.  Don't do it any more because there is just the two of us and I don't do the big garden thing any more.....plus I don't live near the corn and pea fields any more.......  I'll have to see if I have any recipes left........although most of what I put up didn't have a 'recipe' ..........I just did it.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other -body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!"
spicegurl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »

I have never done the canning thing but sure would like to try it just once.  It seems like so much work and freezing is so easy.   Smiley

Looking forward to see your recipes Lady Cooksalot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: